Studio set up can be a fulfilling experience if and only if the needed expertise needed to achieve this is at your beck and call. What do l mean? This guide is aimed at achieving this all in the name of an effective studio set up. It is not enough to be financially empowered, you have to possess the expertise, in order to get the desired value for money spent. The tips are itemized below.
- Be on the lookout for GOOD MONITOR. The best way to achieve this is to audition them, then you will get the best idea of the ones that will serve you most. The best monitors will last years-forming a key component of your studio. You have also to bear in mind the idea of BACKING UP TO THE CLOUD. WHY? In the event of a possible catastrophe you should be able to recover your stuff.
- One of the setups you cannot do without is the computer. Get a good one. Modern computers are very powerful, they should be able to handle what you throw at them. Buy smarter. You may need MICS for recording, please be smart during purchase. Consider your plug-ins. Get a core of perfect mixing and good dynamics plug-ins, as these will serve you perfectly well.
- It is of topmost importance to disable your ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE. You are aware what harm a virus can do to your work. The harm will be irretrievable, so as a good security measure, this software should be disabled. Though some of these AV are clever and will not interfere with your recording, majority of them do not. Please be forewarned.
- You will definitely come to the MASTERING STAGE. Are you confident of mastering your music yourself? You still have to go a step further by getting the tools needed to aid you. You must give your music a final polish. A very good MIDI CONTROLLER should be considered. Stop wasting time with MIDI TRACTS while a basic MIDI KEYBOARD can do the trick.
- HEADPHONES are important components of your studio set-up. Are you monitoring during recording or monitoring late at night, and there is the necessity to keep things quiet, then a good headphone is the answer. Have you heard of MASH-UP TOOLS? This is a tool that helps slice and dice your audio and create new patterns and beats.
- Your WORKING SPACE is also a factor in your studio set-up. Make the most of the space you have at your disposal. If all factors are in order and the working space is not harmoniously managed, then there will be problems. The most common here is the issue of poor acoustics. Speakers should be at around head height while you are in sitting position. Do not place speakers close to the wall or at corners in the room, if you do, the problem of boom bass will arise.