With a lot of improvement seen in the computer audio recording technology, it is now very easy to record any kind of song with your personal computer or laptop. All you need is to enable the audio recording device in your computer and apply some techniques. Today, millions of people stream or download music online. It is even possible to do a lot more if you have the right kind of software or music app. You can record your own song and even create your own ringtone. Recording a song is quite easy and less always fun. In this article, you are going to find out how to record a song on your computer and also understand the different software to utilize to make things easier and more efficient for you.
Why do you need to record music on your computer?
There are lots of reasons why you may need to edit or record music on your computer. Below are some of the reasons
- To share your songs with friends and families
- To record your own music
- To make your own personal ringtones
If you want to do any of the following, you may need to record the audio in a computer and transfer it where you want to.
Recording a song on your computer is as simple as plugging an audio device or a microphone into your computer’s microphone. Afterward, you can record the input with the proper software.
Apart from recording on your computer, it is also possible to record audio from your computer, a website, or any other program from the computer into your iPod or other media player.
You can even record internet radio and play later when you are free to listen. Sometimes, it may be more suitable to listen to at your own time rather than listening to it when it is being broadcast. In fact, you can do a lot more with the recording device in your computer.
Recording songs in the computer
Below are the steps to take when recording songs in the computer:
- Check to see whether your computer is properly configured to record songs. If you are using Windows, right click on the speaker icon at the top right corner of the taskbar. A menu will pop up where you will left-click the recording devices option at the menu.
- Once you have properly configured the audio settings, the audio window will be displayed showing the recording devices, however some devices may be hidden. Enable these devices by right-clicking on the empty space.
- Once you have enabled all audio devices, the stereo mix will be displayed. This device will become useful if you are planning to record from different external devices. Set the stereo mix as a default setting for subsequent recordings.
- Go to the properties button and select the stereo mix feature. Although they should work very fine, you can also verify the quality of the advanced tab and the volume of the level tab to make sure they have a consistent performance.
- If you don’t already have software that records audio in your computer, you may need to install one. You can download Audacity free and it will serve you well. Once you have installed and run the software, you are now ready to start recording your songs and audios to your computer.
- Once the computer is now ready to start recording, search the internet for what you would like to record or find a radio station and start playing the radio by clicking the link. Go to the recording software (Audacity) and lick on the record icon. It’s as simple as that.
- After you have finished your recording, click the stop button and export to WAV or MP3. After saving the file in MP3 format, you can now play the song with any media player you have in your computer.
Recording music on your computer is not a daunting task as some people may believe. As long as you have the right software and your system is proper configured for recording purpose, you can recreate just any types of song you want. If you follow the above steps, you are surely not going to find it difficult when recording any song of your choice on your computer.