Studio Monitors: Choose Well, Choose Right
In the art of music, there is one important tool that gives life to it - studio monitor. Best studio monitors are one of the most important equipment pieces found in a studio set-up. Without them, music mixing would be boring, dull and meaningless. There would be no exciting part in the studio production process and the worst thing is, no one would appreciate the significance of music in one’s life.
If you want your own home studio perfect, level up and have a pair of the best studio monitors in the market. In order to properly record your audio and duplicate that recorded audio, you need to have the right tools. And to achieve the right sounding mix, you need to choose well. There are many home studio monitors around and you can found a number of options available everywhere, thus choosing the right one becomes a daunting, difficult task.
Relax, Take It Easy. You do not have to swim the ocean for you to get the finest studio monitors you want to have the most. Have a seat and browse the different kinds of high-quality studio monitors you deserve to have !
Types of Studio Monitors
To start narrowing down the types of monitor set-ups, it is necessary to consider the two monitor terms. While there is a vast array for studio monitor selection nowadays, it is worth noting that the recording industry grew up with the two basic monitor categories, the passive and active monitor. In order to select the best studio monitors, we should know their differences.
Passive monitoring systems are modular in nature that requires appropriate amplifier and crossover match. This means you have to consider an extra expense for an external amplifier.
Active monitors are known to be powered and amplified speakers and have their own enclosed amplifiers.
There are a few possible set-ups, consider these studio reference monitor types:
- Far-field monitoring
This type is usually found in commercial studios. This is because this kind has a larger size and the ability to cope with louder volumes.
- Near-field monitoring
This set-up is good for your home studio. The sound is pretty direct and is not affected by the sound of the room.
Reviews of 5 best Studio Monitors
Before diving into the detail of the different kinds of studio monitor and prior to any purchase decision, one should consider the feature, coziness, affordability and of course, how long a product would last. It is best to know what you really need when it comes to studio monitors and make sure the product meets your requirements.
These studio monitors are proven to have high-quality characteristics, designed to last for long, stylish and have many other incredible features.
1. Yamaha HS8 Studio Monitor, Black
- Maximum fidelity
- Perfect sound
- Eminence control and correlation
- Soaring motion and accurate imaging
- Outstanding clarity and competence
- Room control and high trim response for optimum reaction in any area
- 38Hz to 30kHz frequency for impressive response
- Dedicated power amplifier to match tweeter and woofer perfectly
- First rate drivers and mounting system for high audio performance
- Extra large magnets to deliver a uniform, tight and robust controlled flux field
2. JBL LSR305 Active Studio Monitor
- Wallet-pleasant monitors
- High-finish studio speakers
- Quick switches
- Professional performance and balanced inputs
- Big power and great sound
- Class D amplifiers for efficiency and abundant power
- Professional and balanced XLR/TRS input connections to provide options to connect to any signal source
- Selectable input sensitivity to ensure compatibility while keeping the connection safety
- Trim switches for excellent control over the 3 series sound
- JBL transducers ensure your speaker will deliver reliable performance for years
3. KRK RP5G3-NA Rokit 5 Generation 3 Powered Studio Monitor
- Superior stereo imaging
- Perfect clarity
- Clear midrange
- Tight bass
- Any studio environment
- Bi-amped, AB amplifier for large headroom
- Soft-dome tweeter for extended response of up to 35 khz
- Optimized waveguide for extraodinary imaging
- Hight-frequency adjustment system to fit personal taste
- Low-frequency adjustment system to adjust room acoustics
4. M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 Powered Speakers
- Electric hip hops and rock production
- Professional and quality media creation
- Advanced audio effect
- Desktop use
- Superior clarity and detail sound
- 13.98 pounds weight for easy transport
- OptImage III Tweeter wave guides for superior imaging
- Magnetic shielding for magnetic interference protection
- Class A/B amplifier for design and reliability
5. Mackie CR Series CR3 - 3" Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors
- Multimedia making
- Long lasting entertainment
- Optimized sonic presentation
- Full multimedia exposure
- Convenient speaker placement
- 3'' woofer for deeper bass sound
- Isolation pads and up or down tilt for more focused listening
- Custom-tuned rear port for smooth even bass extension
How to Buy Best Studio Monitors ?
In terms of sound accuracy, studio monitors are exceptional, particularly towards producers and musicians. In selecting the best, you should always be wise first. The design, driver materials, amplification and important features should be taken advantage.
If you are ready to go out for buying, follow these measures:
- Cool features
- Great appearance
The first thing you notice about a product is the appearance. The look of an item is essential to both catch attention and beautify your home.
- Easy to use
If it is hard for you to use the product, it would also be hard for you to buy that one. A user manual can help but it is weary to use it all the time.
Efficiency is one of the most important factors to consider especially when it comes to studio monitors. If the product is not capable of doing what you want, then it is not the best one.
The best and quality monitor product lasts. Make sure that you have enough idea about the durability of the product or else you are just wasting time and money. Before purchasing the product, always study the brand and where you can buy it. Take time to see what the top-rated monitor is and consider the positive and negative reviews about it.
The price should always be at the level of your budget. Subscribe, keep and make
Checklist for Buying Studio Monitor
To make sure you have bought the right item, make a checklist. A checklist can help you determine what to buy and how to buy the best. Your time, effort and money deserve a worth.
- Cabinet matters
The cabinet of the studio monitor either ported or closed must be considered. There are many smaller monitors and there are quite a few larger too. The right cabinet can help extend the frequency response lower for more bass. In case you can’t avoid putting your monitor to walls, you should choose a front-ported or close design for more accurate monitoring.
- Studio monitor size
The size of the speaker should be appropriate in the size of your room. If you are doing mixing in a small space and you only have a desk then the smaller monitor is much more accurate. If you have a lot of space, go for the bigger one.
- Good balance
- Woofer and subwoofer considerations
The size of the woofer, as well as the tweeter, must be done based on the material. For music production, two studio monitors will be fine. They will give you enough of that low-frequency sound you need. A subwoofer could take away the sound accuracy so you have to add the best studio subwoofer for times your mood feels brassy.
- Single or pair
There are studio monitor packages that come with a pair or just only one speaker. Before buying a studio monitor ask yourself first if you need a pair or no. Both of them made with high standard qualities the only matter here is just your desire.
- Passive or active monitor
Active speakers are more common but music industry today prefers to have the passive monitors. Both of them are good you just have to understand how each of them work and how well your budget fits.
- Your budget
You can have everything you like but your budget matters a lot. However, the more you pay out the more powerful you studio monitor will be.
This informative buying guide review is designed to help you get the most incredible studio monitors around. The best studio monitors are here. Compare and see the differences. All monitors produce an accurate and comfortable sound that can help you develop your listening skills while lifting your mind up. Getting the right equipment will never be hard this time. Live life with music and experience the great sound of it.